PENSIONERS' VOICE AND SOUND TRACK APPEALS YOU "USE MASK""KEEP SOCIAL DISTANCE" "GHAR BATHO ZINDA RAHO" "STAY HOME SAVE LIVES"
DEAR FRIENDS, CONGRATS, YOUR BLOG CROSSED 3268000 HITS ON 01.02.2023 THE BLOG WAS LAUNCHED ON 23.11.2014,HAVE A GREAT DAY
VISIT 'PENSIONERS VOICE & SOUND TRACK' WAY TO CATCH UP ON PENSIONER RELATED NEWS!

Sunday 6 May 2018

Gist of talks with ED Legal and ED PERSONNEL, CO

Dear Mr Kishore,
Thank you for your detailed mail also recalling our exercise of working out the outlay of arrears payable as per Jaipur judgment.No doubt we arrived at a very nearly accurate estimate considering that we did not have pension data of all pensioners.Nevertheless we could get a perspective and clarity.
The only unfortunate situation is that we do not have critical All India data and even if we ask for it under RTI ,LIC evades giving data under some pretext.
If LIC has given some figures of pre August 1997 retirees to GOI,they must have a concrete basis for 21762 retirees-the figure furnished in 2003.How the number could have come down to 17000+ for the purpose of payment of  40% IR?It is possible that as at 1/8/1997 the number would have been still higher.
I get a doubt as to whether,in respect of employees  retired after 1/1/1986  but died before 31/7 1997,they counted family pensioners including those who died for 40% IR .It is a known fact barring exceptional cases,family pensioners got zero amount as 40% IR.
I am sending a sample list of 6 cases of family pensioners who got zero amount,in my RTI application which I am sending to CO tomorrow.I shall send a copy to you.
I am also sending an appeal under RTI for an information denied by CPIO on flimsy grounds.I shall also send a copy to you.
The unfortunate point is that LIC Management is not transparent and in fact trying to avoid  giving information perhaps for fear of weakening its case in SC.
When I pointed out  that Rule 55B is omitted in the LIC Pension Rules uploaded in LIC website,I got a reply asking me to refer to LIC website and also www,egazette.nic.in (which contains the Gazette Notification inserting Rule 55B).I have also included this point in my RTI appeal.
So we have to struggle to get valuable data.
Kind regards.
CHM

No comments: