LIC GROUP MEDICLAIM SCHEME GUIDE

LIC GROUP MEDICLAIM SCHEME GUIDE 


CLICK HERE 

DEAR FRIENDS, CONGRATS, YOUR BLOG CROSSED 54,07,313 HITS ON 21.09.2026THE BLOG WAS LAUNCHED ON 23.11.2014,HAVE A GREAT DAY
VISIT 'PENSIONERS VOICE & SOUND TRACK' WAY TO CATCH UP ON PENSIONER RELATED NEWS!

Wednesday, 30 September 2026

1st OCTOBER, 2026 WORLD ELDERS DAY : GREETINGS


      1st OCTOBER, 2026 WORLD ELDERS  DAY : GREETINGS

A)1)TOMORROW IS WORLD ELDERS DAY LET US REMEMBER,CELEBRATE, DO WHAT WE CAN TO SOCIETY & NATION & CONTRIBUTE OUR MITE TO WORLD WELLBEING ,BY GOOD THOUGHTS, NICE DEEDS & SOME SACRIFICE FOR THE CITIZENS & OUR MOTHERLAND

 

2)World Elders Day

World Elders Day is celebrated on 1st of Oct every year.
This is the UN note on Ageing for 2007:
Older people - a new power for development.  Why a "new power"?

 A demographic revolution is underway throughout the world. Today, world-wide, there are around 600 million persons aged 60 years and over; this total will double by 2025 and will reach virtually two billion by 2050 - the vast majority of them in the developing world.

Today, about two thirds of all older people are living in the developing world; by 2025, it will be 75%. 
· In the developed world, the very old (age 80+) is the fastest growing population group. 
· Women outlive men in virtually all societies; consequently in very old age, the ratio of women/men is 2:1


In our fast ageing world, older people will increasingly play a critical role - through volunteer work, transmitting experience and knowledge, helping their families with caring responsibilities and increasing their participation in the paid labour force.

Already now, older persons make major contributions to society. For instance, throughout Africa -and elsewhere - millions of adult AIDS patients are cared for at home by their parents. On their death, orphaned children left behind (currently, 14 million under the age of 15 in African countries alone) are mainly looked after by their grandparents.

It is not only in developing countries that older persons' role in development is critical. In Spain for example, caring for dependent and sick individuals (of all ages) is mostly done by older people (particularly older women); the average number of minutes per day spent in providing such care increases exponentially with the carers' age: 201 minutes if the carer is in the age group 65-74 and 318 minutes if aged 75-84 - compared to only 50 minutes if the carer is in the age group 30-49 (Durán H, Fundación BBVA, 2002).

Such contributions to development can only be ensured if older persons enjoy adequate levels of health, for which appropriate policies need to be in place. In line with the Madrid International Plan of Action, the World Health Organization launched in 2002 a document "Active Ageing - A Policy Framework", outlining its approaches and perspectives for healthy ageing throughout the life course.

"Ageing is a development issue. Healthy older persons are a resource for their families, their communities and the economy."
- WHO Brasilia declaration on healthy ageing, 1996. 

I was thinking aloud as to what could be the fit way to celebrate World Elders Day.
It is probably one of the least glorified of all days. Does it show our apathy? Probably we do forget that it is just a matter of time before we too are there, being the "Elders".

There is an organization called Nightingales in Bangalore, Malleswaram which has done a lot of work towards making the lives of the elderly a pleasure. They also have day care for the elderly who can spend their time with a lot of people from morning till evening. The atmosphere there is very nice and for some elders who would otherwise be all alone through the day, it would be a blessing to have homes like this where they can do all activities and also talk to a lot of people. It seems to be a very healthy place with all the elders there sporting a happy smile.

Remember the contribution our Elders have made in our Life,Society,,Country and the World.Lets Stand together and honour the Senior Citizens,

 

"We are proud of all our Elders for being part of our lives".

" Courage doesn't roar, instead it's that lil' voice at the end of the day that says " I will fight on yet again tomorrow 

 B)This is one of the nicest e-mails I've seen in a very long time.
Its very inspiring. Save it and read from time to time.
So philosophical.


 R.B.KISHORE,PATRON,AIRIEF
                                                 

And then it is Winter.

You know. . . time has a way of moving quickly
and catching you unaware of the passing years.

It seems just yesterday that I was young,
just married and embarking on my new life with my mate.
And yet in a way, it seems like eons ago,
and I wonder where all the years went.

I know that I lived them all...


And I have glimpses of how it was back then and of all my hopes and dreams...
But, here it is... the winter of my life and it catches me by surprise...
How did I get here so fast?
Where did the years go and where did my youth go? 

I remember well...
seeing older people through the years and thinking that those older people
were years away from me and that winter was so far off
that I could not fathom it or imagine fully what it would be like... 

But, here it is...
my friends are retired and getting grey...
they move slower and I see an older person now.
Some are in better and some worse shape than me...
but, I see the great change... 
Not like the ones that I remember who were young and vibrant...
but, like me, their age is beginning to show and we are now those older folks
that we used to see and never thought we'd be. 

Each day now, I find that just getting a shower is a real target for the day! 
And taking a nap is not a treat anymore... it's mandatory! 
Cause if I don't on my own free will... I just fall asleep where I sit! 

And so... 
now I enter into this new season of my life unprepared
for all the aches and pains and the loss of strength and ability
to go and do things that I wish I had done but never did!! 

But, at least I know, that though the winter has come, and I'm not sure how long it will last...
this I know, that when it's over... its over...
Yes, I have regrets. There are things I wish I hadn't done...
things I should have done, but indeed, there are many things I'm happy to have done. 
It's all in a lifetime...

So, if you're not in your winter yet...
let me remind you, that it will be here faster than you think.
So, whatever you would like to accomplish in your life please do it quickly! 
Don't put things off too long!!

Life goes by quickly. So, do what you can today,
as you can never be sure whether this is your winter or not! 

You have no promise that you will see all the seasons of your life... so,
live for today and say all the things that you want your loved ones to remember... 
and hope that they appreciate and love you for all the things
that you have done for them in all the years past!!

"Life is a gift to you.
The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Make it a fantastic one."

LIVE IT WELL! 
ENJOY TODAY! 
HAVE SOME FUN! LAUGH & LAUGH
BE HAPPY! BE THANKFUL!

HAVE A GREAT DAY! 
Remember "It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold or silver."

R.B.KISHORE


RB Kishore,
PATRON,AIRIEF,
ED(Retd),LIC
Life Member,Probus Club

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elders are not respected in the society as a whole including the financial sector as it is conditioned by capitalist greed and selfishness which is the foundation of Industrial revolution happened just 250 years ago missed in India most of its time. Homo sapiens are fighting each other though they possess all essential things they need as they are distributed discriminately. What will happen in the following scenario of all living?
What are the 9 Species of Humans Walked the Earth? AI Over view Around 300,000 years ago, at least nine different species within the genus Homo walked the Earth, but only Homo sapiens survived.
The nine human species that coexisted during that period include:
• Homo sapiens: Evolving in Africa roughly 300,000 years ago, our species is characterized by advanced language and complex technology, and remains the sole surviving human species.
• Homo neanderthalensis (Neanderthals): Stocky, cold-adapted hunters who lived across Europe and parts of Asia until going extinct around 40,000 years ago.
• Denisovans: A distinct Asian sister group to the Neanderthals known largely through genetic evidence and sparse fossils found in Siberia and Tibet.
• Homo erectus: An early, long-lived upright walker that spread widely across Africa and Asia, including Indonesia.
• Homo rhodesiensis: An archaic human species that inhabited central and southern Africa.
• Homo naledi: A small-brained, primitive-bodied hominin discovered in the Rising Star Cave system of South Africa.
• Homo floresiensis ("Hobbits"): A diminutive species of dwarf human that lived on the Indonesian island of Flores.
• Homo luzonensis: A small-statured ancient human species discovered on the island of Luzon in the Philippines.
• Red Deer Cave People: A mysterious, late-surviving archaic or hybrid human population found in China that persisted until roughly 10,000 to 14,000 years ago.